top VS bottom mount M20 manifold?

All boost related things here. Turbos, SuperChargers, FMUs, Megasquirt, et al.
Dot Communist
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

top VS bottom mount M20 manifold?

Postby Dot Communist » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:02 am

I am definatly going log style if I build a manifold, but I cant decide what would be better. I know bottom mount would be easier to fabricate and probably be stronger, but would I have have oil drain issues? Top mount would be a little harder to fab but it looks way cooler and probably fits the best? I dont really know either way right now because 90% of all e30 turbos I have seen are top mount, BUT if all else fails I'm fabbing up a top mount adapter :mrgreen:
"...Westboro Baptist Church, they are just afraid, and it makes sense. If I want to assure myself I am 'going to heaven,' the easiest way to go about it is to rationalize why everyone different from me is 'going to hell.'"
-Ryan Brock
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: top VS bottom mount M20 manifold?

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:36 pm

You pretty much have all the facts. If you want AC you should go top mount. Bottom mounts tend to have oil draining problems. Thats kinda why I went top mount. Plus I 'd hit the subframe. Generally, theres more space up top. Unless youre an E36
Dot Communist
I <3 E30's

Re: top VS bottom mount M20 manifold?

Postby Dot Communist » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm

im aiming more towards top mount, just good to get some input :mrgreen:
"...Westboro Baptist Church, they are just afraid, and it makes sense. If I want to assure myself I am 'going to heaven,' the easiest way to go about it is to rationalize why everyone different from me is 'going to hell.'"
-Ryan Brock

Return to “Forced Induction”