Megasquirt vs Motronic w custom chip. Miller WAR/MAF

All boost related things here. Turbos, SuperChargers, FMUs, Megasquirt, et al.
BMWIS
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Re: Megasquirt vs Motronic w custom chip. Miller WAR/MAF

Postby BMWIS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

To clarify you can convert to mass air with the war setup, along with gain access to tuning the Motronic unit.
Dot Communist
I <3 E30's

Postby Dot Communist » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 pm

What kind of software does it come with? can you tune on the fly and use tools similar to Megatune and MegaLogViewer?
"...Westboro Baptist Church, they are just afraid, and it makes sense. If I want to assure myself I am 'going to heaven,' the easiest way to go about it is to rationalize why everyone different from me is 'going to hell.'"
-Ryan Brock
Tchao
E30 Guy

Postby Tchao » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Dot Communist wrote:What kind of software does it come with? can you tune on the fly and use tools similar to Megatune and MegaLogViewer?

Nope. Zero datalogging, as you are "flashing" the stock ECU. Motronic 1.3 is hella simple, so even though you convert to MAF, it still outputs back into AFM readings for the computer to compute. There are hardly any features in the ECU worth the investment. And in a month, you will get a EMS anyways as you will see, then you just wasted a few hundred bucks :roll:
E30 M50nv
Dot Communist
I <3 E30's

Postby Dot Communist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 am

and you pay 600 fucking dollars for it? that's like going out to buy a new xbox and coming home with an atari or somthing :|
"...Westboro Baptist Church, they are just afraid, and it makes sense. If I want to assure myself I am 'going to heaven,' the easiest way to go about it is to rationalize why everyone different from me is 'going to hell.'"
-Ryan Brock
Tchao
E30 Guy

Postby Tchao » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Atari is like an e30....failed comparison. :lol:
E30 M50nv
Dot Communist
I <3 E30's

Postby Dot Communist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Tchao wrote:Atari is like an e30....failed comparison. :lol:

I see what you did there :wink:
-Ryan Brock
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:55 pm

so true! I love my 2600 as much as my e30. 8)
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
BMW BUM
E30 Guy

Postby BMW BUM » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 am

nevermind that you are spending the money on the war chip to only be able to still have a chipped motronic unit.

My understanding is that it will not support larger injectors, meaning it is no more valuable to someone going turbo m20 with piggyback chip from Todd at TCD, and meaning that even staying N/A it's still just a chip so unless you think you can tune more power out than Mark D'sylvia, it is essentially worth no more than a MarkD chip and a TCD chip, and leaves you to do the tuning.

So it's pretty much either a stock tune for 87 octane, mark d tune for 24lb injectors and other small mods on 91+ pump gas, and a TCd 91+ octane ~12psi chip if you're good, plus the valet mode if you can tune one.

I think the WAR chip is pretty worthless for the cost, although it is a neat idea, I just don't see it being more value than any regular chip. I'd like to hear others views though.

Return to “Forced Induction”