"stroker"/turbo cookie cutter questions

All boost related things here. Turbos, SuperChargers, FMUs, Megasquirt, et al.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender
AntiSpam: No

Re: "stroker"/turbo cookie cutter questions

Postby M20_fever » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:02 pm

some people just like a smaller, more personal community I guess. :wink:
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Turbo size....who knows...whats your horsepower goal?
If you read the OP post you would know he is looking for around 220hp.
-no stock turbos dont run 7psi
What? Are you really saying you can't run 7psi on a "non-stock turbo", what ever that means. E30s never came with turbos so any turbo would be "non-stock"...

-no 24lb injectors will not work
Please explain how 24# injectors will not support around 220hp.

-no chips "tunes" go standalone
this is 100% true.

-no eBay crap...look at the forum admin here.
ok, look at him. He's pushing really good numbers, not to mention many people have had success with ebay parts.

LOL @ who refered you to here.
You keep talking shit about this forum, yet you continue to lurk/post here, why?
HSAX Instructor

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Ebay M20 manifolds work. I have yet to see one crack. Ebay M50 manifolds crack faster than an addict.
Tchao
E30 Guy

Postby Tchao » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm

M20_fever wrote: If you read the OP post you would know he is looking for around 220hp.

That nonsense. Its not even logical to spend 3-4K on 40HP.

What? Are you really saying you can't run 7psi on a "non-stock turbo", what ever that means. E30s never came with turbos so any turbo would be "non-stock"...

No dipshit. He plans to run a stock turbo, ie gated at desired mfg boost levels.

Please explain how 24# injectors will not support around 220hp.

24lb injectors max out at 6-7psi at normal pressure rates. Not without aid in the e30 fuel system. 38lb injectors are more logical, even more so is 42lbs (for cost reasons)

ok, look at him. He's pushing really good numbers, not to mention many people have had success with ebay parts.

No hes not. Not even remotely close. I love Yoshi, and he knows that his system has lots to go. Not talking shit.
You on the other hand have no idea WTF you are talking about, and you are giving advise to a innocent guy. Maybe before you open your hole and call me out, think first.

You keep talking shit about this forum, yet you continue to lurk/post here, why?

I dont hate this place, but its not really a place to learn FI stuff as compared to Tech. Especially with mods like you puking out nonsense.
E30 M50nv
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm

calm down guys. don't make me lock the thread >_<
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm

That nonsense. Its not even logical to spend 3-4K on 40HP.

3-4k on a low boost setup?? you are the one talking nonsense here.

No dipshit. He plans to run a stock turbo, ie gated at desired mfg boost levels.

um, ok genius the stock turbo on my s60 2.4t has a 7psi internal WG, explain that.

24lb injectors max out at 6-7psi at normal pressure rates. Not without aid in the e30 fuel system. 38lb injectors are more logical, even more so is 42lbs (for cost reasons)

he only wants 220hp so he only needs to run 6-7psi, do you even read the thread before you start spewing BS and insults?

No hes not. Not even remotely close. I love Yoshi, and he knows that his system has lots to go. Not talking shit.
You on the other hand have no idea WTF you are talking about, and you are giving advise to a innocent guy. Maybe before you open your hole and call me out, think first.

Yoshi is pushing 349hp, how is that not good numbers for an e30!? Don't say you love Yoshi when all you do talk shit and instigate. You have no idea what I know buddy, I don't know your age but based on your behavior on the boards I would guess high school. If you are older than that you have some issues to work out. I will continue to call you out if you continue to argue just to argue when you have no information of any value to add. You are advising someone with no experience in turbo systems to go spend 3k on a setup to get him 220hp, are you serious??

I dont hate this place, but its not really a place to learn FI stuff as compared to Tech. Especially with mods like you puking out nonsense.

If you don't hate this place then why do you talk shit about it here and on other forums? I agree there is much more knowledge on FI on tech, but that doesn't mean people here can't help users here. Nothing I have said is untrue or sending this guy in the wrong direction, in fact if you read this thread you would know that I suggested he do a lot more research before doing anything.

Again, stop being such an instigating, shit talking douche or just stay off of this board. Stay on the tech talking shit about us and everyone else that doesn't see things from your warped point of view of the world.
HSAX Instructor

nogapersnBMWs
I <3 E30's

Postby nogapersnBMWs » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 pm

M20_fever wrote:some people just like a smaller, more personal community I guess. :wink:

Ditto. 8)

Maybe keep it in the PM's, or I'll have to get the popcorn...
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:37 pm

done. this thread is going no where.

Return to “Forced Induction”