Rear Brake Conversion - RX7?

From the tranny down to wheel bearings.
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Re: Rear Brake Conversion - RX7?

Postby ten2doyle102 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Its hard to say what it would cost someone doing this on their own. I have alot of hook-ups to get me parts and such. One of my good friends is a big Mazda Rx7 nut and basically gave me 7 4-pot calipers. A couple of them are bad, but they make good cores! The NSX rotors are expensive....very expensive. Stock Brembo Blanks are like $150+ I think from Tire Rack? However, I get them from a friend thru his work from Bendix for $30. Rock-Auto had the Bendix brand as well for $45 as well though. Plus, there's the redrilling. My work can help me with that and making the custom brackets needed to mount these.

So just guessing at cost:

Calipers: 2 @ $30/ea = $60 Used
Brake Pads: $100
Rotors: 2 @ $45/ea = $90
Brake line Adapters from 2002maniac: 2 @ $7/ea = $14
Brackets: Approx: $85
Machine work on rotors: $100 approx

So maybe $500??? I don't know though. Really depends on how resourceful you are. :)
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Re: Rear Brake Conversion - RX7?

Postby ten2doyle102 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Also, I was looking into it a bit more and it looks like FD calipers are better fit since they were made for a 300mm rotor. Supposedly though, they are the same mounting and you can put a FC caliper on a FD. We'll see... lol!

And one more thing, I have to use NSX rear rotors... that's important as the Center bore on the rears are 64mm allowing me to open it up to fit the e30's 66mm hub. The fronts on a NSX are 74mm I believe. They are vented as well!

Lastly, the Bias is gonna be goofy on this too. I am gonna have to install a brake proportioning valve to help with that I think. We'll see. Another thing that I have been reading is about the booster not being enough or the MC not being big enough for the system. I am not sure what to do with that as of yet, but I'll have to see what it's like.

Return to “Drive Line”