Wheel fitment on 5 stud conversion

From the tranny down to wheel bearings.
DaveMc
n00b
AntiSpam: No

Wheel fitment on 5 stud conversion

Postby DaveMc » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

I am looking for a bit of advice on fitting a set of alloys I want on the E30 they are sized.

8.5J with ET15 17"

The front 5 stud set up will consist of the normal M3 Evo gear to keep the wheel centered does anyone know if these wheels will fit up front ok or will arches need to be rolled, For extra brownie points does anyone know a good tyre size to fit if they will.

Now the rear I understand there is a few options of axles to use but really I want to know if the compact one will be ok (due to being the cheapest) If not then hopefully there will be an axle out there sufficient that I will be more than happy to save that little extra to get.

I am looking to fit these without rolling arches but will not rule that out if needs be to make them fit as long as it's not too extreme.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Re: Wheel fitment on 5 stud conversion

Postby M20_fever » Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 am

I'm no expert on 5 lug, but what suspension do you plan to run? How low you go will dictate how much fender work needs to be done. On something like H&R race you would need to roll the fenders. If you run 215s you could get away with light rolling, 225s would require them to be rolled flat. Why are you going 5 lug? No real benefit aside from looks, and actually a worse wheel selection than 4x100.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 am

for 17s, factory rolling diameter would be something like a 215/35/17. But you'll most likely find a 215/40/17 if at all.

Long story short, there isn't a simple answer to your question. you'll have to find out yourself and adjust accordingly. I ran a 17x8 up front with 215/40/17 and I hit in a few places. You will likely run into many problems similar to this.
DaveMc
n00b

Postby DaveMc » Mon May 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I am from the UK so parts may differ but the spec list for 5 lug here is

E36 M3 Evo hubs wishbones brakes up front and E36 compact rear

Reason for 5 stud conversion is I drift an E36 and have 20 odd alloys so if i ever decided to have a play in the E30 I have spare alloys there (Don't plan to drift this but an Z3 LSD and M52 2.8 will be going into the the car in the future so a play at the new track driftland in Scotland - Lochgelly will happen now and then.

I am looking to fitting E35 M5 throwing star alloys or they concaved AC snitz alloys but they have mad offsets and widths reason I am asking

Return to “Drive Line”