adjustable camber question

Springs and shocks. What keeps your car tight around corners?
crazgrk
E30 Guy
AntiSpam: No

adjustable camber question

Postby crazgrk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:51 am

I see on eBay there are tons of camber adjustment hats for the front. I am doing e36 suspension on my e30. I'm going lowering springs and bilstien shocks. "Not coilovers" all the adjustable strut hats on eBay either specify they are made for coil overs or don't say anything at all. They are all priced from $100 to $150. Is there a difference or can I use a pair for coilovers on my struts? And if I need ones for struts someone please post a link to ones made for struts not coilovers please
Put your seatbelt on im gonna try something
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: adjustable camber question

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Coilovers allow for easy construction of the camber plate. The factory spring tops tend to be shaped oddly. You can always space them with washers but that will raise your car a bit.

kind of not sure what to tell you. It'll be a crap shoot if you don't want to go coilover.
crazgrk
E30 Guy

Postby crazgrk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Yeah I already have a car with coilovers and I hate taking it on long trips. Such a bad ride. So I'm trying to stay with springs and struts
Put your seatbelt on im gonna try something
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:49 pm

The fact that they are adjustable coilovers doesn't have much to do with their ride quality, but I understand what you're saying. Like Yoshi said, the seat for the spring is going to be different.

Stock E30/E36 springs have a much larger diameter than the standard 2.5" spring most coilovers will use, so I'm not sure how you would get the coilover top hats to work.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone heard of DOMLAGER before? It looks like they rebrand a lot of typical Ebay stuff, but they have a tophat that fits E30 springs that I haven't seen before...

[EDIT] Looks like Dibed, the guys in Poland who make that solid shifter a couple people have picked up. I bet they have something for an E36 too.

Return to “Suspension”