Seat swaps

Fiberglass, body panels, valences. Also interior pieces like seats, dashes, etc
AustinR
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Seat swaps

Postby AustinR » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 am

Who's got good seats in their e30 that didn't come in it originally? I know someone on here has a seat out of a Hyundai I think? I think I'd like to stay BMW and I want something pretty sporty. Big side supports to keep me in while cornering and probably fabric over vinyl or leather. Also, I want them to be heated, but I can do that to them afterwards. This is my daily so I don't really want a full on race seat, just something nicer.
M20_fever wrote:Austin is right.
Nsquared97 wrote:You were right again Austin!
87e30 wrote:Austin is right yet again!

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Re: Seat swaps

Postby Nsquared97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 am

I know that people have swapped Vaders over from the E36 M3. And I want to say Recaro's from old Vdubs (GTI?) has been done too. Easiest route would be just getting a set of heated sport seats, possibly even a pair in rough shape then recover them how you want.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Re: Seat swaps

Postby M20_fever » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Vaders weight a ton, and don't support as well as you would think. The recaros from the VWs look really nice, but are hard ti find from what I've read. If this is just a DD and you don't want to spend a ton check out the reclining "race seats" on ebay. Look really nice, and several people who got them said they are comfy. You can get a set for around $200 shipped IIRC.

Like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-JDM-Black-Simulated-Suede-Reclinable-Sport-Style-Racing-Bucket-Seats-Sliders-/260992166843?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4586bbb&vxp=mtr
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop

Return to “Body and Interior”