Discussions about anything E30 related.
Delanoso
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Re: The intro thread

Postby Delanoso » Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 am

Whores.

So, by way of introductions. . .

I'm Steve and I grew up in the Atlanta area. I've owned my '86 325es for over 20 years--that's terrifying to say. It was my daily driver for over 10 years and got me through college with out a car payment. During that time I had a good bit of fun work done--I'll be posting a build thread with initial photos and details shortly. I eventually took it off the road because of a massive leak from the seal around the water pump and after 270K, it was blowing huge clouds blue smoke from the exhaust at start up.

Life happened and it's taken me this long to be in a position to get it running again. My current questions are around the best sequence for doing that. I know that it's going to need the *LOTS* of engine work but it's also going to need most of the rubber parts replaced, new shocks/struts, tires, etc. Do I get that stuff done before I send it to the shop to get the engine work done? or after? during?

I dunno where to start. Once I get it running (maybe before) I'll be asking questions about thing like LSD swaps and exhaust upgrades and many more.
Attachments
IMAG0028-2.jpg
IMAG0028-2.jpg (209.56 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 am

Welcome to e3p! Nice looking e30, are those TSW Hockenheims?
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Delanoso
I <3 E30's

Postby Delanoso » Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

They're actually BBS/Moda Sports. Tried to look them up the other day but I don't think the Moda brand name exists anymore.

Return to “General Discussion”