Clubloose Events at Raceway Park (Old Bridge, NJ)

Post up your local meet or track day here.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Clubloose Events at Raceway Park (Old Bridge, NJ)

Postby madmaverick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:34 pm

http://www.clubloose.com

There are still 2 clubloose events left this season. September 30th Nightmoves is open to all drivers and will be a parking lot event. Spooky Moves on Halloween weekend will be on the road course. Usually you have to attend at least one parking lot event to get on the roadcourse (just so they know you arent dangerous on track). There will be a beginners course, B group drivers will be doing single runs, caged cars w/ good drivers will be hotlapping in 6-10 car tandems. RT Tuning will be on site with a tire machine. If you live in the NJ area and miss these events, you should pretty much give up drifting. So hop on clubloose, join the forum and get with the program!

Vids from this years events:

http://vimeo.com/6560437
http://vimeo.com/5649768
http://vimeo.com/5068240
http://vimeo.com/5301816
http://vimeo.com/4465410
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Re: Clubloose Events at Raceway Park (Old Bridge, NJ)

Postby M20_fever » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:48 pm

looks like fun.

why is there no drifting scene in the midwest... :(
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm

I never got the clubloose class system. It caters to the old guys and makes it hard for the new guys to get experience.
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Postby ten2doyle102 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 pm

There are some things around here I guess. That one track that I raced at last time there was a drift event the day before. I'll have to try to find more info on that for you if you want.

Looks like alot of fun MAV!
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 pm

yeah, see what you can dig up.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:05 am

Yoshi wrote:I never got the clubloose class system. It caters to the old guys and makes it hard for the new guys to get experience.

While it does seem to cater to A/B group, there is a reason behind it. A group runs tandem for a set period of time, they spin less and destroy the track less making the same amount of runs in less time. Most C group guys take 3-4 times as long to complete the course. Once they see you driving well, they will bump you up to B or A (if you have a cage). Also, A/B group drivers have put in their time and usually help by fixing the course, taking ride alongs and coming to the track even when their car is down. If you come to an ECB you will be out of tires by the end of the day regardless of what group you are driving in.

Im gonna be there on the 30th to hang out. Is anyone else planning on comin?
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 am

I'd come but my life is way too busy.

i still don't like the group method. sure C group takes longer but they def get less time. maybe the same time as B and A but theres more ppl and they take longer. The point of my events was to cater to the beginners to get them up there.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 am

Yoshi wrote:i still don't like the group method. sure C group takes longer but they def get less time. maybe the same time as B and A but theres more ppl and they take longer. The point of my events was to cater to the beginners to get them up there.

We run at least 2 all-day beginner clinics every season. We dont have a drivers cap at our events, so everybody who shows up can drive. When you get turnouts in excess of 40 drivers, theres only so much time for everyone. Also, with all the roadcourse days, most A drivers cant afford enough tires for the parking lot events so they just come to hang out and instruct.

Its impossible to give everybody what they want, we give the advantage to the guys who came out every month and helped build the events into what they are today.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Anybody coming tonight? I will be there instructing and trying to drive other peoples cars.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 pm

I wish....

post pix after they get posted.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:22 am

Yoshi wrote:I wish....

post pix after they get posted.

Will do. I took a few, but this event was so much fun I had to put the camera down. We had a good 50 cars show up ready to rock. My friend Jorge let me, Petty and Bagley slide his missle. Stock single-cam KA slammed to the sideskirts on retarded stiff springs and 195's. We beat this thing til the cat was glowing and it never overheated or blew up. It pretty much made drifting fun again. Turned into a free-for-all at about 8 and everyone got a huge amount of runs. Ive got about half a pound of tire dust in my nose. Totally got me psyched up to finish the motor in the track car.

Who is ready to throw down at Haunted Moves (Oct 25th)? There's gonna be a costume contest and silly 10 car tandems.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:43 am

Wooooo!

Haunted moves is almost here and I cant fuckin wait. Motor is going back in the S13 tomorrow and then its off to Import Intelligence to get re-tuned. I was so happy to get the motor off the stand and onto the trans last night, I didnt even mind the doing it in the dark (my landlord stole my extension cord lol). I cant believe I let the car sit this long. This event is gonna rock so hard, dont miss out!

It has been switched from a 2 day event to Saturday only (Oct 24th). So get your mittens and spare tires together and come out for a ripper! If you cant drive the event, come out and spike some cider with the rest of the specatators. With any luck the stands will still be up from D1.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm

mmm I love it how at the end of the day, everyone's tired and gives up. If you lay low the beginning of the day, the end is when you get the most runs back to back.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Yoshi wrote:mmm I love it how at the end of the day, everyone's tired and gives up. If you lay low the beginning of the day, the end is when you get the most runs back to back.

Its more like broken cars and lack of tires thin the field towards the end of the day lol. That usually signals the time for redonkulous 10 car tandem trains. I have NEVER been disappointed with the amount of runs at a road course event. I usually run out of tire and start drinkin' early.

Did I mention costumes and wheelchair/baby carriage/beer troll clipping points?
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 pm

lol I need to go there one of these days. I have a truck now. I just need a trailer.

Return to “Meets”