Hydro E-Brake

Lets face it, E30s love going sideways.
BavarianSlide
E30 Guy
AntiSpam: No

Hydro E-Brake

Postby BavarianSlide » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok I have been dabbling today in how I want to set up my Hydro E-brake.

Either:
A. Two separate calipers which would involve mounting and all kinds of fun stuff.
B. Have it inline with the rear brakes.

Option B sounds better but there is something that worries me. Supposedly if you attempt to hit the foot brake and hydro e-brake at the same time the wheels will stay locked up until you pump it a few times. Some say they have had troubles with this others have not. A check ball can be put into place so this does not happen. I am assuming the check ball is in between the stock mc and new one?

So i guess it comes down to how easy is it to put a check ball in with the inline method
Vs.
Mounting Bracket new caliper and so on
BavarianSlide
E30 Guy

Re: Hydro E-Brake

Postby BavarianSlide » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:22 pm

but check valve doesnt make any sense to me cause then pressure would get stuck...
Arggh still researching...
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Postby ten2doyle102 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 pm

We kind of discussed the possiblities of added a second caliper to the rear end not too long ago but I am not sure if Yoshi was planning on persuing it.
BavarianSlide
E30 Guy

Postby BavarianSlide » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I think someone on e30tech is fabricating a bracket for it. But that way just seems all the more daunting, and that is what makes it the right way most likely lol.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm

The problem is that your inline master cylinder is acting like a check valve (check ball as you called it). It stops the flow from the foot master cylinder from getting past the hand brake cylinder. But the hand brake cylinder can't relieve pressure on the rear brakes unless the foot master cylinder lets up. Even then, it takes time to relieve that pressure.

Long story short, there have been many before you to contemplate this issue. There is no way around it that I know of. Even if there was, the costs of fixing it, would outweigh running a second brake set just for a hand brake.

Summation: get the bracket and run a separate system.
BavarianSlide
E30 Guy

Postby BavarianSlide » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Return to “Drifting”