Drifting, Yooper style.

Lets face it, E30s love going sideways.
AustinR
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Re: Drifting, Yooper style.

Postby AustinR » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Ahhh ok. Everybody down here talks about Boyne like it's the best skiing in the world... -lll._.- not once you've been out west. haha. The rockies are where it's at, but I really want to go to Bohemia. I hear it's pretty awesome.
M20_fever wrote:Austin is right.
Nsquared97 wrote:You were right again Austin!
87e30 wrote:Austin is right yet again!

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 pm

I've been to Boyne, it was alright. Best skiing downstate, but that's about it. Ripley is better IMO because it's not nearly as busy, and we get waaaay more snow up here, so your not skiing on ice. But yes, Rockies are F***ing awesome. Went out to Breckenridge/Vail/Keystone 2 years ago, and it was incredible. I really, really want to go back, nothing around here compares.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:13 am

Awesome. I've never been to any of those places, but I have been to Steamboat Springs a couple times and it was legit! Love it out there.

I gotta get up to the UP and do some boarding though. I've actually never been to the UP at all and I've lived in Michigan my whole life... :roll:

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:32 am

AustinR wrote:I gotta get up to the UP and do some boarding though. I've actually never been to the UP at all and I've lived in Michigan my whole life... :roll:

Lame...! Haha we refer to it as God's country up here, and if you ever visit you'll understand why. The eastern part of the UP is pretty boring, but the western portion and espicially the Keweenaw is just beautiful. It's a whole different way of life up here, but I love it. Everytime I head home (tomorrow actually) I feel like everybody is just in such a rush, you don't get that up here.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 am

Yeah, I think I'm gonna come check it out some time this winter.
What are the summers like up there? How about job availability?
I'm kinda at a point where I just wanna do something other than what I'm doing right now. haha. I live in my home town, which is nice and all, but I want a change. The UP sounds fun. A more relaxed lifestyle sounds like it's right up my alley.

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Summers are absolutely incredible, it's beautiful up here. Plus most of the college kids are gone so it's very quiet. Jobs though... lol not much up here. If you do decide to come up at some point this winter let me know, we'll have to get together or something.

Just drove back to GR yesterday, and man am I depressed, not a flake of snow in the lower peninsula, and really not that much through the UP once I left Houghton.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 am

Ugh, you're telling me. We've had a couple little dustings (the first one you can see in my sig) but they weren't anything to write home about obviously. We need snow! I have yet to effortlessly slide sideways around a corner whilst not wearing down my tires this year! That needs to happen!!!

I'll let you know if I end up coming up for sure. I gotta give my e30 some TLC before a trip like that though. haha. Poor girl's gonna be 22 this year.

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:35 am

AustinR wrote:I'll let you know if I end up coming up for sure. I gotta give my e30 some TLC before a trip like that though. haha. Poor girl's gonna be 22 this year.

hah my girl is approaching 25 in March, and I have made the trip twice. Just be warned, sport seats suck for 10 hour trips.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 am

Nsquared97 wrote:...Just be warned, sport seats suck for 10 hour trips.

AaHA! But fortunately (?), I do not have sport seats! I have...the other ones... :|

Build Thread
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Their called comfort seats, so you should be good, I mean it has comfort right there in the name.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 pm

M20_fever wrote:Their called comfort seats, so you should be good, I mean it has comfort right there in the name.

Hahahaha

Yeah I think the main reason the Sports seats aren't comfortable is the fact that they are rather hard, not a whole lot of cushion. But they are ~35 years old, so maybe that has something to do with them.

Oh and BTW, if you do come and visit I have a set of sports seats you could have, they just really need to be recovered.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:00 am

Nsquared97 wrote:Oh and BTW, if you do come and visit I have a set of sports seats you could have, they just really need to be recovered.

Ooooo. I just might take ya up on that!

I'll let you know if/when I'm coming. Probably beginning of February?

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 am

Lol if you can try and come up mid Feb. for winter carnival, it's basically a 5 day long party with lots of cool ice/snow statues.
AustinR
I <3 E30's

Postby AustinR » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:14 am

Right on. I'll see what goes on. The reason I was thinking beginning of February is because on January 28/29 is sno rally in Atlanta. I was thinkin I'd hit that up on the way up. I'll see what I can get off work though.
Where's a good place to stay up there? I don't have much money, so nothing fancy. haha.
Also, how snowy is it that time of year? I've got some all-seasons that are pretty decent in the snow and get me through everything that we get down here. Do they keep the roads pretty plowed?

By the way...sorry about blowing up your thread. haha. We can go to PM's if you want.

Edit: If you tell me they don't salt roads up there, I might be coming with a suitcase...haha. Not really, but seriously. They're already salting the roads around here and we haven't gotten snow yet... -angry-

Build Thread
Nsquared97
I <3 E30's

Postby Nsquared97 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 am

Haha don't worry about blowing up the thread, doesn't bother me at all. Sno*drift is definitely cool to go to, not sure if I am going to that or not. It definitely get's very snowy up here, won't deny that. Good all-seasons may be ok, but I wouldn't recommend them. In town is usually fine, they do a great job of plowing. That time of year it's usually just snow pack on the roads, as it's too cold for salt to melt down to bare asphalt. They do use salt, but transition into more sand as it get's colder because as I mentioned it gets too cold for salt to work. The biggest issue you would have driving wise is if the weather is bad for the trip up.

For a cheap place to stay the Travelodge in town isn't too bad and fairly cheap from what I remember.

Return to “Drifting”