hi

Lets face it, E30s love going sideways.
bataangpinoy
n00b
AntiSpam: No

hi

Postby bataangpinoy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 am

im not new to e30's, some of you folk already know me from e30 tech or r3v. i signed onto clubloose.com, and this is what happened. http://www.clubloose.com/clubloose/phpb ... 3&start=30

e30's dont have an aftermarket 2way available for use, and the oem ones are good enough imho. i just want to have some fun without getting killed on the streets.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: hi

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Nissan guys are not BMW guys. most nissan guys have their set path that have been walked 50 million times. Things like modifying ramp angle is foreign to them (and most E30 owners). The CL guys have their thoughts on things. You make your own.

some people say welded diffs all the way, some say 1.5 way, some say 2 way or stfu. Whatever the case, you need to make your own opinion.

Personally, I hate welded diffs. The stock E30 LSD, even with 200k on it, will lock up JUST FINE. I've used them for the past 5 years with nothing more than fresh fluid and only recently started having problems with 350whp and a diff with 250k on the clock.

Also, keep in mind that CL is results oriented. Get you out there asap, get you sliding asap. So a welded diff is a cheap/fast way to do it.

Where do you live? You can come to drift nirvana events. We just let you go and have fun.
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Postby ten2doyle102 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Christ, I am no drifter by any means and I was able to get my old 325i sideway and keep it sideways without much problem at all and that thing was FAR from even being call daily driver capable. It 200k on it, holes in the floor boards, leaked oil like a sieve, but it had a 3.73 (I think) LSD and it cornered amazing! It was lowered on just springs as well.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Players wanna play, lovers wanna love. I don't even want, none of the above. I want to piss on you
bataangpinoy
n00b

Postby bataangpinoy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 pm

ok rkelly lol ive been trying to prove my point that they dont know what theyre talking about, but they are such the jdm fanbois that they wont listen. its ridiculous. and i live in new york yoshi.

you need to come here with erich and erick mahle and tear shit up with your oem diffs to get them to stfu lol. my goal is to go out there, and bust shit up with my "dick piled car".
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 am

A drifter that says this is an idiot:
i don't care what you do. but all this talk about ramp angles and clutches is boring and bothering me.

Can always post my vimeo videos from drifting the bank at ODS. Thats on a stock lsd. Granted my subframe breaks at the end.
bataangpinoy
n00b

Postby bataangpinoy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:14 am

well, nismo built it for him so he wont give car too much.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 am

or some guy with a welder.
bataangpinoy
n00b

Postby bataangpinoy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:19 pm

thoseguys are so full of themselves.
http://www.clubloose.com/clubloose/phpb ... 3&start=60

my car is not maintained apparently.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:53 pm

CL is a good place to go for events. not setup advice.

youre fighting a losing battle on there man. Stop posting and be happy. You know they are going to continue it.

BTW your stock diff isn't like a nismo 2way. It's like a less lock up version of one :)
bataangpinoy
n00b

Postby bataangpinoy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 am

yea i meant something along those lines :( im not very good with words
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Yoshi wrote:CL is a good place to go for events. not setup advice.

youre fighting a losing battle on there man. Stop posting and be happy. You know they are going to continue it.

Im sorry dude, but you are dead wrong here. Wisass (Tim Joshrud) is an engineer and suspension guru. He has a freakin shock dyno in his garage. Sprinter666 (Matt Petty) is rough on people but knows what he is talking about. They might not know the specs or best parts, but the concept of setting up a drift car is strong with them.

A lot of that advice in that thread is solid, even though you might not like to hear it. I think you over reacted to a little bit of teasing and it got blown out of proportion. Hell, some of those people dont even drift! If you cant deal with a little internet sarcasm and people hating on your ride, then Yoshi is right. Stop posting there. To my knowledge I have never seen you at an event, never talked to you or taken a ride along with you. I was at the last 2 clinics instructing, there were 3 or 4 E30s there, including mine. I go to almost every wednesday event at the line with my helmet ready to rock. Where are you?

If you really think they are wrong, get your car out there and prove them wrong. Personally, I agree with coilovers and rack (e36, m3, z3 whatever. That 4 turns crap gotta go). Get a sprung pucked clutch and rebuild your diff. Some shimmed diffs work well, others shit the bed after a few runs when they get hot. Get a shorter ratio to make up for low power and put a seat/steering wheel in the car. That will net you a great learner car with solid potential.
Last edited by madmaverick on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm not saying to stop posting there all together. The guys up there at CL do know their shit. But anyone who doesn't want to learn more about their car (like the guy talking about ramp angles being pointless) is a sign of someone who has stopped learning or wanting to learn. Closed minds are the start to nothing.
madmaverick
I <3 E30's

Postby madmaverick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Yoshi wrote:I'm not saying to stop posting there all together. The guys up there at CL do know their shit. But anyone who doesn't want to learn more about their car (like the guy talking about ramp angles being pointless) is a sign of someone who has stopped learning or wanting to learn. Closed minds are the start to nothing.

He didnt say it was pointless, he said it was boring. CL kinda shuns technical threads in a silly way. Like, ramp angle isnt gonna turn you into a great driver. Coming out and shutting people up because you are mad at them is going to make you a better driver. We have a F U you attitude and thats not gonna change.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm reading where the thread has gone since I lost saw it (page 3). It's gotten better.

I understand CL wants to get you out there and drifting. It sounds about right. I just say that the stock LSD is fine and better than a welded. I've seen drivers go from a welded to a 2 way and look like they went back 3 steps you know?

Why do away with what is stock and works?

But yea CL is there to get you sideways, not set your car up 100%. Driver first, car second. Works for them I guess.

edit: I'm advocating just slapping an LSD in there. not modifying ramp angles/shims/etc. All that is way too advanced for a newb. I'm 5 years in and finally feel like I'm at the limits of the stock lsd.

Return to “Drifting”