BMWs new turn-key race car

If you can't find a spot for it, Fine! do it here.
Yoshi
Site Admin
AntiSpam: No

Re: BMWs new turn-key race car

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 pm

M20_fever wrote:2015 Mustang is fugly man, looks like it has down syndrome. The Camaro interior is a full on plastic fail, kills the car for me.

The look has grown on me. I'm not much of a looks guy anyway. I care about handling and performance. I'm happy the Camaro is all plastic. Keeps costs down and the car affordable.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:14 pm

A Z28 is over $30k, for a car that squeaks and rattles right off the showroom floor. Its the epitome of why American cars get a bad reputation.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm

I brought up the Z28, because it's essentially a factory-built race/track car. I agree, though; I wouldn't mind plastics if they kept the cars cheap. Unfortunately, it seems like EVERY car out their is loaded with tech and options to justify a higher price tag. A 3/4 size Mustang or Camaro without all the gizmos would be a pretty cool car. For me, it wouldn't even need a super-high performance engine. It's sort of scary to think how many 400hp Mustangs the coyote V8 has put in to the hands of asshats in the last couple of years.

I like the Mustang, but the styling is very homogenized. I saw an episode of Top Gear last night where Jeremy Clarkson was driving the current flagship Shelby across Europe. He made a point about how much attention the car got because it was so different (American). I don't think the new Mustang will have as strong of a visual impact. I think the rear is pretty ugly.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:36 pm

still better than this mustang's rear

blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Yoshi wrote:still better than this mustang's rear

When it first came out, I liked that model mustang for its retro styling, but it started to look really bloated after a while. When they made the update, it became pretty apparent how much better it could look.

Return to “Off Topic”