Looking for a specific series of articles/blogs...

If you can't find a spot for it, Fine! do it here.
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Re: Looking for a specific series of articles/blogs...

Postby blasphemy101 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:10 pm

That sounds like a great start. Those are topics that are often discussed, but never in great detail. Unless you're building a new chassis or able to change the suspension's mounting points (which a lot of racing doesn't allow), there is only so much you can do to change them. It seems like most aftermarket solutions are just there to adjust things in the right direction, which is fine, but an overview would be great...
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:36 pm

It all boils down to getting the angles and mounting points close to where they were factory.

IE the 12mm raised rear subframe bushings will do more all around than just the weld in adjusters even if the final result is the same static camber/toe.
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Yoshi wrote:It all boils down to getting the angles and mounting points close to where they were factory.

IE the 12mm raised rear subframe bushings will do more all around than just the weld in adjusters even if the final result is the same static camber/toe.

Absolutely, but then you're still just trying to get back towards the original point in the suspension's range of motion. The suspension kinematics (geometry of motion for our 8990 visitors) don't change - nothing is really improved, just made worse by the initial compression of the suspension, then made less worse by raising the subframe. That's fine for a 25-year-old streetcar, though. I had racecars on the brain when I originally posted, so I was thinking about more drastic changes in suspension design.
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Off-topic forum on other forums: "Boobs", "What I bought today", "politics", "gun control"...

Off-topic on e30performance: "omgsuspensiondesign"
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 am

We have a few of those threads too.

Return to “Off Topic”