Sellin my house

If you can't find a spot for it, Fine! do it here.
Yoshi
Site Admin
AntiSpam: No

Sellin my house

Postby Yoshi » Fri May 13, 2016 11:33 am

Ah man. So this will be amusing for you guys. I got a baby due in october and my wife hasn't liked the house in like 3 or 4 years so we decided to up and sell. The market around here is hilarious. Long story short, I'm selling at about the best time I can. I'm gonna put $10k into fixing up the house and probably going to get $10 back after the realtor gets her fee and everyone else does too. 8 years in this house and I'll come out with $0. I mean technically, I won't even get back the deposit my father in law put in. Wait 5 more years? Maybe I'll make that $10k back. Fucking hell man.

So why am I telling a car forum? Other than you guys are friends. I'm going to be moving in with the mom in law. Where I can see a garage. But a pool table will be taking up that space :(. The driveway isn't conducive to any car work. Plus with a baby I doubt I'll have much time to. Gonna stay there till I have enough to put down on a "forever house" since the mom in law doesn't charge rent. Man, I don't think I could have done any more adult things in the past year. -lll._.-
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Re: Sellin my house

Postby M20_fever » Fri May 13, 2016 2:11 pm

yikes, thats going to be an interesting dynamic. Kind of in the same boat with the house, we bought in '08 and paid WAY too much for our house. We've been in it long enough that we would get some money for it when we sell, but nowhere near what we paid 9 years ago...I don't think we'll ever get that much back as it sits now. We plan on putting an addition on in the next few years, so this likely is our forever house. That fine because I love the neighborhood. We are talking about getting the mother in law to buy a house near us so she can be closer since she's getting a older.

Kids are a life changer, no doubt. I haven't raced since the '12-'13 season when my oldest was born, mostly because daycare costs about the same as running a race car...I'm just now getting to a point after some career moves and a promotion that I can start thinking about getting the car back out of storage. No regrets at all though, the kids are the best damn thing I've ever done. Haven't really missed the car scene since I would rather spend my time with them. No they are getting old enough to enjoy it with me so I'm phasing back in. My oldest is already a car nut. He drags me to the garage to work on the Chevelle when I'm ready to sit on the couch and be lazy after work, lol.

Do you have someplace to put the cars at the inlaws? Or is that wy you were asking about storing car parts on FB a while back? Once the baby comes your going to be way too distracted to worry about car shit for a while, but it comes back in time.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri May 13, 2016 6:11 pm

The in laws have a 1.5 car garage but uh... there's a pool table in it and tons of stuff. I'm not sure I can convince them to move it even if I paid for it. The game plan is to stay with them for 6 months anyway. So not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I don't want to put my car stuff in the storage unit we are renting so I'm trying to find a temp place to store stuff.

The driveway at the in laws is super slanted so I don't have the ability to do much. Which is fine. I really shouldn't be doing anymore motor swaps lol. I'm gonna scrap a ton of metal and the rest find a place to keep. Like my welder, chop saw, and stuff like that.
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Yoshi wrote:The driveway at the in laws is super slanted so I don't have the ability to do much.

Super slanted like this? lol
stanty driveway fail - e4651226197450a05a3253f4877570a4.jpg
stanty driveway fail - e4651226197450a05a3253f4877570a4.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 535 times

All you guys with your kids and your houses are lucky. I don't even have time to fix my DD, let alone have time for a car hobby AND a kid. Good luck with everything.
Schwarz 5-speed 87 325is (newest project)
Arktisblau 5-speed 86 325e (current DD)
Schwarz 5-speed 87 325e (parts car/LS1 swap?)
Gazellenbeige automatic 85 318i (70,000 miles)
Alpine white 5-speed 87 325is (my first e30, possibly for sale)
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri May 13, 2016 11:40 pm

That's literally the house I'm moving into! jk jk.
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

omg I thought you were serious for a second. I wanna know what the hell they were thinking when they made those driveways like that. The vehicle in the pictures is about the only thing that'll be able to get to the garage.
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon May 16, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that's photoshopped lol.

Man. Moving my entire life is annoying as fuck. Thank GOD I only have like 5 pieces of furniture. Also yay people drive by my house and take stuff I just set out like my random tool chest that's been in the rain for years and the fish tank I didn't want. Makes me happy they won't go to the dump.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Mon May 16, 2016 1:17 pm

unless I call the local scrapper, nothing gets picked up at my house. We're too far back in the woods in a dead end loop so there is pretty much no traffic other than my neighbors. I just hoard all my scrap until i have a load worth calling the guy about then he comes and picks it up.
HSAX Instructor

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon May 16, 2016 4:49 pm

The city is REALLY good with stuff like that. I saw a house with 4 mattresses and bags of shit just sitting around. They took it!
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Don't you just hate when people leave bags of shit on your doorstep? :-P
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Well that only took 3 months from start to sale. Closed on friday. They already moved in (that was fast). I no longer own property. And technically, I have no debt! All my CCs are at 0 and have no car payments. Mmm yea. That feels good.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:06 pm

can't beat that man! We're beginning to start the same road, paying down all the credit (not all that much) and fixing up stuff to make the house more sell-able. We need more room...our issue is we don't have anyplace to stay while we sell, so it's going to be stressful if we do this because keeping a house presentable for showings with a 1 and 3 year old is a full time job, and we already have full time jobs, lol. Plus the big stress of finding the "forever" home and it being contingent on selling our current house.
HSAX Instructor

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:29 pm

A lot of realtors told me not to worry about the contingency of selling your current house. I figured people got into chains of perpetual waiting for their house to sell till someone didn't have that. The buyer of my house had already sold hers and there's lots of incentives for first timers.

But yea, no where to stay while selling sounds horrible. But also buying and selling at the same time. It was hard enough just selling. I can't imagine buying at the same time and staying at the house WITH KIDS. But that's also why we did this now. Next home is that damn forever home come hell or high water.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:01 pm

yeah...thats why doing an addition/full remodel is still being discussed. That in itself would be such a PITA. Still have to basically live out of my camper in the back yard while most of the construction was going on...3 months in a camper with 2 labs, 2 kids, 2 cats....sounds fun.
HSAX Instructor

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:17 pm

I think you're worse than me. YAY! that makes me feel better.

Return to “Off Topic”