I can officially predict the future!!!

If you can't find a spot for it, Fine! do it here.
87e30
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

I can officially predict the future!!!

Postby 87e30 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Well luckily I saw it coming and avoided my actual prediction, but it was damn close, and a huge coincidence.

So this morning I'm driving to work when I get this horrible rumble in my tummy. I start thinking to myself how bad it would be if I were in an accident, because there was no way I was gonna be able to wait around and deal with it unless I went up to a strangers house to ask to use their bathroom. One and a half blocks later I see a big white Buick running the stop sign at the intersection I'm entering!

I Slammed on the brakes and swerved, and barely missed smashing into the dumb bitch by probably less than an inch. She just kept going like nothing happened, so I turned and started honking at her, trying to get her to pull over so I could give her a piece of my mind. She knew damn well I was trying to get her to stop, so she floored it and started driving like a complete asshole. I should note there are several schools in the area, and this was the time of morning where there are kids walking to school. She was running from me like I was the cops! Luckily she came to an intersection where cars were passing in both directions, so she HAD to stop, and I drove around her and blocked her path. She stared at me through her closed window and I had to scream for her to roll it down. I tore her a new asshole for about 5 minutes about her horrible driving and all. HOPEFULLY she actually listened to my rant and she is more careful in the future. It would have been bad enough if she had caused me to crash my car, but what if she ran over a kid walking to school when she was trying to flee the scene?

I really hate drivers like that, and drivers that pass on the right/shoulder. I actually saw a kid get hit by a pick-up truck once because the pick-up driver decided he was too important to wait in traffic for 60 seconds and decided to pass everyone on the shoulder. If that was my kid (or my roommates kid that I was waiting in traffic to pick up from the skating rink that was causing the traffic) I would be in jail still for what I would have done to that guy.
Schwarz 5-speed 87 325is (newest project)
Arktisblau 5-speed 86 325e (current DD)
Schwarz 5-speed 87 325e (parts car/LS1 swap?)
Gazellenbeige automatic 85 318i (70,000 miles)
Alpine white 5-speed 87 325is (my first e30, possibly for sale)
99 Suburban
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Re: I can officially predict the future!!!

Postby M20_fever » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Safe to assume you shit your pants?
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 pm

lol, almost.

So right after I wrote that this morning I hopped in the tow truck and went over to the bank. Withdrew some cash and exited out of the bank onto the side street. When I got to the traffic light where I needed to make a right it had JUST turned yellow for me, and here comes a beige Camry flying through the red right in front of me. If I had decided to go he would have smashed right into my truck. Almost got smashed a few times in New York today too, but that's normal. In NY I get hit an average of at least once a month. It's almost always someone who wasn't paying attention and ran right into the wheel lift on the back of the flatbed. I just laugh at them and send them on their way.
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:10 am

I was going to make a joke about you being in NJ but I realize this shit happens all the time around here too. But DC is known to be bad as well. This is why I stop when I even question making it through a yellow and don't gun it from green lights. Although, depending on the car I do cuz insurance money would be nice. Not when the wife is in the car obviously...

I try not to road rage anymore. I dunno how I did it, but someone will cut me off, I make a small comment, and I go about my day. I used to scream and tailgate. lol
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:18 pm

When you drive for a living you HAVE to let most things slide or you'll go insane real quick. Some things still get me going though. Since I saw that kid get hit I will pull over and come to a complete stop in front of someone trying to pass on the shoulder, and let everyone else go first, just so they have to wait longer.
99 Suburban
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:46 am

Today I really did get into an accident. Technically 2 of them, but the second one was nothing... So I'm driving through New York earlier and there's 2 lanes of traffic. There's obvious construction ahead blocking 1 lane, so everyone is merging into the left lane. I had my blinker on as I start merging into the currently unoccupied left lane next to me. So this dumb bitch sees me switching lanes and floors the gas to get up next to me. I continue inching over and forward, and she keeps creeping up on my side. I stuck my head and arm out the window giving her the kind of WTF are you doing look, but she kept moving. I moved forward and left until I couldn't move anymore, then came to a complete stop. She still kept coming forward as if I wasn't there and ripped off her mirror on my flatbed. Now I stuck my head back out and started screaming at her. Her excuse for hitting me was "I'm late for work", then she told me that I hit her and started getting upset. I reminded her that I was at a complete stop when she ran into me, and then her story changed to "Oh, I didn't see your turn signal" as I saw the reflection of my blinker on her damn face, which was only a few feet away from it! I'm like, regardless of seeing my turn signal, you ran into my truck while I was stopped! She didn't know what to even say at that point, so I told her to just get the fuck out of my face before I called the police to handle it. She seemed very happy with that solution, and sped off. Such a shame, cuz she was pretty cute. lol
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am

lol I almost asked out a girl that hit me once. But then she was a raging whore about everything. I helped fix her car so she could drive home too. I busted a tie rod and had to get a flat bed. "I'm a college student, I can't afford this"... yea... I was too at the time lol.

People get funny when they get into accidents. Adrenaline and/or fear does a lot to you. But to guys like us that know about cars and likely get into lots of accidents, it's just normal shit. Except last week when a diesel truck I was borrowing died while I was driving and wouldn't restart. It was a cold start so I think it just died because it was cold. It wouldn't restart because automatics have to be in park to restart <_<. I rarely drive autos. That's my excuse. Had to cancel my AAA tow request lol.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Should be able to restart in neutral. Only car I've seen that can't is my w202 merc. Maybe newer cars/trucks can't because you need to have the brake pedal down to kick the starter.
HSAX Instructor

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Either way, it was in drive the whole time. Started right up once I put it in park.
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:20 pm

People still use AAA? I know most of their travel centers have either severely downsized, or closed altogether, and very few tow companies will work for them anymore. For what they pay it's not even worth it to do their jobs unless you've got at least 15-20 trucks sitting there with drivers in them doing nothing all day long just waiting for accidents. In cases like that the AAA jobs should almost cover the pay for the drivers and the fuel they use sitting idle all day long if you just keep them moving. It's not like the companies make money taking the jobs, they just don't lose as much.

So lemme tell you about the second "accident" yesterday. I was at the last traffic light before the entrance to the Holland Tunnel coming back to Jersey. Both right lanes must turn right, and the 3rd lane must go forward. I'm in the far right lane, and there's a red minivan with Florida plates next to me. Light turned red and he went through like nothing. Light turns green for me, so I turn right, and he started coming into my lane with no blinker or anything, so I just went around him. There's a box truck in front of him, and with the legally required alternating merge at the tunnel entrance that would put me between him and the box truck. Truck goes, I start trying to take my rightful place, and the van wasn't having it. He refused to have 1 more vehicle in front of him to wait an extra 3 seconds in the tunnel. As I continued trying to take my place my own mirror lightly touched the hardened steel on the lift gate on the back of the box truck. Not even enough to scratch the plastic on my mirror, so that's why I don't really count it. I ended up just letting him in, then after we got out of the tunnel I pulled up next to him and spit on his passenger window. lol
99 Suburban
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:22 pm

My friend used to have a 77 Cougar that would start in just about any gear. He also USED to have a nice brick BBQ in his back yard right behind the driveway...
99 Suburban
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 am

Remind me not to piss you off.

I use AAA. I just want the free towing since I don't have a truck/trailer anymore. To put towing on my insurance would require me to up my coverage and all of that would cost more than the AAA that covers any of my cars. I'm very open to alternatives. AAA is much easier than being on the side of the road googling for the nearest tow.
87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 pm

I know a lot of people still use AAA, but less and less service providers are willing to do work for them, so don't be surprised when the waiting times keep increasing. The only time I ever had to wait for AAA was about 20 years ago. We were in my friends 1st gen RX7 and ran out of gas in the snow directly across the street from a gas station. He figured he's been paying for a service he never uses, he might as well call AAA and get the 5 free gallons of gas they promised. More than 2 hours (and several phone calls) later they show up with less than a gallon they just got from across the street. It was just about enough gas for us to drive across the street to buy more gas. Completely useless service call wasted. We could have walked over and got the gas ourselves, or even pushed the car into the station. If we waited over 2 hours 20 years ago I can't imagine how long the wait would be these days.
99 Suburban
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 pm

I use BP Motor Club, two free tows per year up to 50 miles. Their pretty good about no asking questions either, lol. I have friends and family cars towed to my house from their houses if I have to work on them, which is usually not allowed with motor clubs. Can't recall what I'm paying for it, not much, I want to say $60 per year.
HSAX Instructor

87e30
I <3 E30's

Postby 87e30 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:36 am

Who actually provides the service for BP? There's only a handful of roadside companies that do 100% of the service for all of the smaller companies. Off the top of my head I know AAA, Quest, Agero (used to be Cross Country), Allstate, USAC, Urgent.ly (does service for Mapquest), and NSD or some crap. Assurion used to do all the cell companies, but they stopped in 2013. There may be a few others, but most are actually owned by one of the ones listed.
99 Suburban

Return to “Off Topic”