Ryki's Intro to E30 Class

Post a build of your car or project HERE
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ryki's Intro to E30 Class

Postby blasphemy101 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:29 pm

$12k is a lot of money, but it doesn't sound like that bad of a price.

If it's too high for you, make him an offer of what you're legitimately comfortable with. If he really wants to sell it, he'll be willing to work with you. I've never met anyone selling a car who did expect their buyer to try and talk the price down. Obviously, he might be offended if you point out every little problem and potential cost the car has then offer $6k. $10k would be 85% of his initial asking price, I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to work with you within that 15% margin.

On a side note, if those sets of wheels he might let go with the car are nice, you might be able to make some of your money back. Aren't 3 pc. Schnitzers generally worth like $1k-2k (depending on style)?
Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:23 pm

That's what I'm hoping, I'm gonna talk out what's coming with the car next chance I get him face to face and if he is including things with it. My hope is he's going to be all inclusive and I'll be more than happy with the 12k : ) I appreciate the well thought out response!
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Surface rust doesn't exist, if its on the surface, it came from under the surface. Check that car very closely if you think its worth 12k. I agree, if he is asking 12k I would personally unfold 9k cash and see what he does.
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Well not many updates on the M3 field. It had a bit more work then I thought and was trying to help the guy figure it out but he really only used it as a daily -.- It passed inspection but he hasn't responded as of late so I'm starting to lose my 10 month long hope.

Updates on my 318is are good. Did new rotors and pads (had already done fluid) and found out rotors are cheap over here, I can get a complete set of rotors for around a hundred bucks. Also did an early oil change and the engine looks great. Did the water pump and full coolant drain as both pump and coolant looked terrible... Car is running like a top now as I've replaced it's only fluids (trans, engine, diff and coolant :P). Got it on the cleanest bottle caps I've ever seen, two have never been mounted and two were mounted and ran once.

Other E30 stuff is where I'm actually really pleased. I got some Eibach springs brand new in box with receipts and such for 60 bucks. Also picked up a set of Borbet Type A's with all 4 center caps and screws and no curb rash whatsoever for free, yes free!!! Just gotta strip the old dead tires off em.

Sold my wife's car today so I have some major flex room when looking at cars for her and myself, she is getting a cheaper and easier to maintain gas powered vehicle (vice diesel). Gonna be looking deeper into a touring, preferably either a purple or a diamonschwartz one with some good options and body.

Last but not least is my plans for next weekend. Someone had a 4 door diamondschwartz 325 fail inspection after a wreck. I didn't find out until after they took the aftermarket parts off it and donated it else I would have saved it. Now that it is donated it will be wrecked as they took the exhaust, rims and tires, taillights, some interior pieces like stereo and wires. Good thing is that I offered two hundred bucks if they'll let me at it so I'm taking fenders, hood, trunk, complete drivetrain to include good running M20, G260, drive shaft, diff and axles as well as front struts and front/rear subframe. Gonna pull the harness and computer while I'm at it and maybe the seats (they're houndstooth but driver is eaten to poop). Hopefully I remember the Analog Clock/wiring and German Check panel/wiring and tidbits.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:54 am

Make a tool box out of the trunk and a grill out of the front clip! Those have been my dreams for a while.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:08 am

Those euro clocks with the harness go for around $60 a pop over here. You'd be wise to get a box of them to bring back, every one I've sold has gone quick. Still hoping you can score that M3!

Yoshi, I share that dream!
HSAX Instructor

Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 am

God I wish I could! No space, no garage and no rights to the body or I would! I think it'll be my 3rd Analog clock or so? Here's to hoping for the M3 as well!!!
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am

so $200 and you can snag anything BUT the body? Meh. I guess it's worth it for the trans and misc nick knacks.
blasphemy101
I <3 E30's

Postby blasphemy101 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Wait, wait, wait... You got FREE Type As? I'm very jealous...
pr0craztinazn
I <3 E30's

Postby pr0craztinazn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 am

blasphemy101 wrote:Wait, wait, wait... You got FREE Type As? I'm very jealous...

+1, actual type As still can get a good amount of cash.

Sounds like you are living the E30 dream, honestly.
Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:59 pm

They're actually super clean! Took some actual wheel cleaner to it after I stripped the tires and it went down to almost new :D The clear coat on the out lip s coming up but no damage anywhere to speak of! Got a message from the guy with the M3 and he's stuck between realizing it has problems and wanting to keep it. Here's to hoping I can still get it :D
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Sounds like he's just coming to terms with selling it. If he really wanted to fix it he would have already.
HSAX Instructor

Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:09 pm

So I've fixed or replaced everything in my 318is vice the one spot of rust on the driver quarter panel near the door but that will be fixed in due time, aka shortly.

I have a few pics:

I GOT AN ENGINE! Extra M20 and Getrag 260 that was running great when I pulled it, 200 bucks.

This is the poor thing that got crushed after I molestraped it.

This is the entire harness to include the ABS and fuse box and all the wires into the trunk. The engine wiring harness is still lying on the engine. Also took all the modules as the car would have been the perfect car for me, 4 door, ac, auto locks etc. and no sunroof as well as being black and four door. Too bad the rust in the subframe was literally the size of my fist. Took interior pieces and the drive shaft and 3.73 lsd and axles. So I have spare interior parts and bits and an entirely fantastic drive train to turbo or enjoy.

Good news to come this friday evening, don't judge the paint but be amazed at the sheer amount of spare parts I'm expecting to get. Oh, and the car as well :D
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 am

Scrapped a car for a rusty subframe? Why not just replace the subframe?
HSAX Instructor

Ryki
I <3 E30's

Postby Ryki » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:41 am

There's some interesting rules here in Germany, I was lucky I was even able to get parts before the destroyed the car. The rust was in the main frame of the car and was in most places all over, it wasn't well taken care of outside or inside but the engine, trans and diff all had some clean fluids when I drained em.

Return to “Builds”