Yoshi's "peace out" thread got stickied, lol.

Discussions about anything E30 related.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender
AntiSpam: No

Yoshi's "peace out" thread got stickied, lol.

Postby M20_fever » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 am

Yep, they only left Yoshi's first post, but obviously enough people where asking that they put it back up as a sticky. They replaced the e30performance URL with "UL removed by Mod", but the rest of the post is intact, including the "fuck you Chris".
Midwestern Councel C Prepared class champion 2012
North Suburban Sports Car Club C Prepared class champion 2012
HSAX Instructor

GET YOUR E3P GEAR HERE: http://www.cafepress.com/e3pgearshop
ten2doyle102
I <3 E30's

Re: Yoshi's "peace out" thread got stickied, lol.

Postby ten2doyle102 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm

LOL!!!! that's pretty funny! I suppose thats a way to stop all of the questions!
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:37 pm

they stickied it a few days ago. I hope enough ppl have it in their sigs to bring ppl here.

Who ISNT banned yet?
BMWIS
I <3 E30's

Postby BMWIS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Basically anyone who didn't throw a fit like an angry teenager who hasn't been laid in a year, and/or people who didn't break rules didn't get banned.

Honestly who cares if Chris comes around or not. The only thing that effected was the premium members who had a chance to win something through the giveaways. That's the ONLY usefullness he would have around there.

Sure there are somethings that can be fixed here, but as it is right now, I'm not seeing the ingredients needed to do any kind of fixing. Let alone LEADING. Which is this were a personal project of mine that would be the intended end result or goal I would be shooting for.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

BMWIS wrote:Basically anyone who didn't throw a fit like an angry teenager who hasn't been laid in a year, and/or people who didn't break rules didn't get banned.

I'm 23 and have a fiance... :)

I was technically banned for telling chris to "go fuck himself". at least thats what I think. I do think their banning of me was childish. Why would you ban me for saying I'm leaving? Thats like saying "I quit" then them saying "no, youre fired!"
BMWIS
I <3 E30's

Postby BMWIS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Because if you wanted to start a new site it should have been something planned to solve problems at the other site, and not as a 'reaction' to something that happened.

In you new site, would you like people to tell you to go fuck yourself? That's just not the way you want people to conduct themselves on here IMO.

Making it personal isn't a good idea either. You shouldn't be banned for raising issue with the admin, but in raising that issue you shouldn't feel the need to throw the fit that you and others did.

And that is my only point. Ask chris to get involved........He ignores everyone.......So you decide to start a new site......The end. No pissing match of us vs them involved.
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:45 pm

Honestly who cares if Chris comes around or not. The only thing that effected was the premium members who had a chance to win something through the giveaways. That's the ONLY usefullness he would have around there.

bingo, this all started because Chris told up Premiums we would be included in monthly giveaways, he started one and disappeared. That was a major selling point for forking over $25 to what then was a free site. He took all our money and did not deliver on that promise. It may only be one of the premium benefits, but I don't remember reading "some of these benefits may not actually happen" anywhere. I could care less if he "hangs out" with us, just do your job.
HSAX Instructor

Archlight
n00b

Postby Archlight » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 pm

M20_fever wrote:

bingo, this all started because Chris told up Premiums we would be included in monthly giveaways, he started one and disappeared. That was a major selling point for forking over $25 to what then was a free site. He took all our money and did not deliver on that promise. It may only be one of the premium benefits, but I don't remember reading "some of these benefits may not actually happen" anywhere. I could care less if he "hangs out" with us, just do your job.

Your actually very wrong on this. In order to prevent cluttering the General Discussion Board with stickies, each months giveaway is removed when a new one is started. Chris has been doing the giveaways for a very long time, well before the premium memberships. With the premium memberships, the prizes got bigger and better. January and after was the first time he has ever flaked on it. In addition, a $25 voluntary donation per year is not alot to ask of a member considering the amount of technical knowledge present on E30Tech. The forced induction forum for instance is a absolute treasure trove of information, ideas, success stories, how tos, etc.. The site is the largest E30 only technical resource on the internet. So to pay in $25 to enjoy access to all the information, expanded PM capabilities, supporting the board, etc... is not a problem. And its 100% voluntary.

Things I will agree with: The $5 'to post' fee is bullshit, Chris not following through with the giveaways is bullshit, new member activation delays are not very acceptable.

And you guys can thank that loud mouthed prick peerless for starting the whole premium membership. I don't understand why that arrogant prick doesn't get banned. Him and all his 'extortion' smack talk against Chris and he doesn't get banned. He parades around with his big ol commercial sig without paying any kind of extra fee's.

I will be watching :wink:
BMWIS
I <3 E30's

Postby BMWIS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:24 am

I don't know where the heck you were when the premium giveaways were done, but EVERY SINGLE ONE was flaked on. You wouldn't find out the winner until so damn late it was to late to do one that month.....Seemed kind of on purpose to me.

The $5 thing that everyone has such a raging boner about is IMO an EXCELLENT idea, and will only work to improve content by weeding out the fucktards who want to drop in and start trouble and/or be a dumbass and then dissapear.

peerless is one of the better posters IMO.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:35 am

I don't like the fact that chris is making money off of MY content and I don't get a cut. So I took my info elsewhere and I'm giving it out for FREE.
DonkeyPunch
E30 Guy

Postby DonkeyPunch » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 am

Chris is making BANK.
E30tech could be his only job and pay the mortgage and bills with
the $.
My signature is to help me find my last post like a bookmark.
Should I make it flashy with colors, and a picture of my car?
This is fine... People will know it's me just by looking at this text,
not my screen name.BLUE or perhaps a large .gif. Hmm.
joecrotch
I <3 E30's

Postby joecrotch » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 am

DonkeyPunch wrote:Chris is making BANK.
E30tech could be his only job and pay the mortgage and bills with
the $.

Do you think the tech really brings in that much cash?

and do you think he is really giving all that cash to those kids?
The Free A Yoshi Foundation. Ask how you can make a difference!
M20_fever
Größter Vorsitzender

Postby M20_fever » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:38 am

I'm sure all the money he says is being donated is going to the josh Q fund. He may have disappeared for a few months but he's no theif.
HSAX Instructor

blacke30
I <3 E30's

Postby blacke30 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Look like you can still get in for free;

"Hello unluckykid256932,

We've noticed that you still haven't activated your account.

Please log in @ http://www.e30tech.com/forum

Once logged in, you'll be able to sign up as a Josh Q Registered Member or a Premium Member for immediate access. [http://www.e30tech.com/forum/payments.php]

You also have the option of signing up for free. You’ll need to have a current member submit your name for activation under “New Member Referral” via the contact page. Please allow up to 48hrs for free account activation.

Once your account is activated, you’ll be allowed to post, start new threads, send private messages and interact with our forum members.

We look forward to seeing you on our forums.
- e30tech.com staff"

To me, a car with an automatic transmission seemed like a toy for grown-ups. All you have to do is steer? Where's the fun in that?
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 pm

I wonder if I can refer myself

Return to “General Discussion”